Wednesday 7 August 2013

Rulers

I spent half an hour today drawing wobbly lines with a protractor and then I realised, 'I can just go to the shops and buy a ruler for about a quid.' And I go to the shop. And there SO many rulers! Metal ones, plastic ones, fold-ups, flexible, ones longer than 12 inches (tempting, but I would have to buy larger paper). At times like this I wonder whether I would fit in better in a communist country (apart from the repression and lack of Wispa Golds). I only went in for a piece of plastic & I came out with a metal "safety" rule [what are dangerous rulers? Surely a dangerous ruler is a sword] with a non-slip rubber strip and a centre recess to protect fingers from cutting [unnecessary; that is why fingernails grow longer than the ends of your fingers]. At least I knew I didn't want a flexible one. Who wants a BENDY ruler? I find it hard enough to work them as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment